What is SEO & How Can It Can Help Your Business Grow
by Gemma Agnew
SEO or Search Engine Optimisation has many benefits for all types of businesses. SEO is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines via “natural” or unpaid organic methods. In other words SEO refers to Google ranking and website traffic for your website. The other method business can use to improve website visibility or traffic is search engine marketing (SEM) which involves paid Google Ads (Eg. Adwords/pay-per-click). In general, the higher up a page your website appears in Google search results, the more likely you are to receive increased volumes of website traffic. Studies show that most people click on the top 3 search results and only a small portion ever go to the second page.
How Search Engines Works.
Before a search engine can tell you where a file or document is, it must be able to find it or know it exists. To find information on the hundreds of millions of web pages that exist, a search engine employs special software called spiders, to build lists of the content found on websites. When a spider is building its lists, the process is called web crawling. In order to build and maintain a useful list of words, a search engine’s spiders have to look at a lot of pages.
How does any spider start its travels over the Web?
The usual starting points are lists of heavily used servers and very popular pages. The spider will begin with a popular site, indexing the words on its pages and following every link found within the site. In this way, the spidering system quickly begins to travel, spreading out across the most widely used portions of the Web.
Why should you care about SEO?
- 92% of searchers choose a business on page 1. Position 1 gets 33% of all traffic.
- Search is the No.1 driver of traffic, beating social media by 300%.
- There are over 1.2 trillion global searches being conducted each month.
- Traffic from SEO is FREE unlike paid traffic like PPC and Adwords and 70% of the links users click on are unpaid Ads – in other words free organic SEO links.
- 75% of traffic goes to the top 5 positions.
- 3% of consumers say searching on the internet was an effective way for a company to attract their business. Searching on Google, is 1.8x more likely than traditional advertising to have a positive impact on purchasing decisions. Mobiles have increased search volumes, in particularly searches for local businesses.
- 80-90% of customers check online reviews prior to making a purchase.
- SEO leads have a 14.6% conversion rate, ie. Become a paying customer, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% conversion rate.
Take Advantage of these Stats, get your business found online & improve your bottom line.
Find Out How Write Marketing Corp can help you?
Located in Brisbane (Australia), Write Marketing Corp specialises in SEO Marketing for businesses worldwide. Our team will work with you to select the most relevant keywords based on the services you provide and the types of customers you want to attract. We will also be focusing on the areas where you’re ideal customers are located, and we will build pages around a core set of keywords in each of those locations. Our vast experience allows us to leverage the knowledge we have gained from working in these verticals by providing results to new clients at a quicker pace – spending less time learning the business and researching how to generate results, and more time on tasks
February 25, 2018
January 28, 2018