Top 15 Ways to Grow Your Email Marketing Subscriber List
by Gemma Agnew
Email Marketing remains one of the best marketing methods available due to it’s low cost and high ROI (return on investment) when implemented correctly. Potentially businesses can gain a return of up to 4300% on their email marketing campaigns. If you haven’t read it already you should check out the article about the “The Top 5 Reasons why Email Marketing is Essential For Any Small Business”. However what if you don’t have a very large email subscriber list? If you’re not working regularly on growing your email marketing subscriber list, or don’t know how, this article outlines the best top 15 ways to grow your email marketing list.
It’s important you are constantly adding new email contacts to your list, because the fact of the matter is that email marketing databases decline by 22.5% each year.
Firstly you may be wondering if email marketing really is as powerful as the stats we mentioned above state. In a recent survey by Marketing Sherpa’s, 92% of respondents answered that email marketing produces a positive ROI for them. For the minimal costs and effort required email marketing is a channel that delivers excellent ROI. Whether you are directing customers to your website or upselling products, email marketing gives you an easy and cost effective channel to deliver real returns for your business. Email marketing is a cost-effective solution that gives businesses the power to reach customers in a place most people visit every day — their inbox.
There’s plenty of data to back up the benefits of email marketing. For example: 91 percent of adults like to receive promotional emails from companies they do business with (MarketingSherpa, 2015) and prefer email for marketing communication over other forms of communication. Additionally, according to a survey from Exact Target in 2017: 91% of respondents said they checked their email daily at least once and with literally billions of consumers owning an email account there is potentially a very large market you can channel your marketing methods towards.
So here are our top 15 ways to grow your email subscriber list:
- Create remarkable content: If you write and design an email that your current subscribers enjoy and find value in they will share it with their colleagues, friends and family who may not already be on your list. Ensure to include social sharing buttons and “email to a friend” button and put a ‘Subscribe to our Newsletter link” at the bottom.
- Promote an online contest: like a free giveaway, and have entrants sign up or submit using their email address. (And don’t forget to promote your contest on social!)
- Add a email sign up link in your email signature.
- Create a new lead-generation offer: like an ebook on a landing page that requires visitors to fill out their name and email address.
- Promote one of your lead generation offers on Twitter. Create a Twitter campaign to promote your offer that requires your followers to complete their email address to redeem.
- Add a “Email/Newsletter Signup” tab to your business Facebook page.
7. Use Pinterest to promote offers that require email sign up. For example create a pin that links to a landing page for a free ebook or resource that requires the visitor to enter their email to download it which is also a good way to generate leads.
8. Promote offers and email signup on your Google+ about page
9. Add a Newsletter signup form on your website
10. Gather paper sign ups at trade shows and other events
11. Put an email sign up on your blog
12. Put an email sign up on your “Thank You” pages
13. Add a signup link to each email you post in a forum or message board.
14. Offer a discount or coupon to customers who sign up for your Newsletter.
15. Simply ask clients or leads on your phone conversations with them if you can add them to your Newsletter list.
November 22, 2017