How to attract more customers with Facebook
by Gemma Agnew
January 28, 2018
How to Attract More Customers With Facebook
Every business is on Facebook for one reason – to gain more business. More specifically the most common objective for Businesses with their Facebook account is to generate leads or online sales. There are a few steps you need to take however before you’ll turn fans into customers. You first have to:
- Build an audience
- Drive traffic to your website
- Turn that traffic into qualified leads
- Then, nurture those leads into customers
Read on to learn about how to complete each of these steps and attract customers using Facebook.
Build a Facebook Audience
To build a Facebook audience you need to make your page and posts as discoverable as possible both on and offline. Here are 5 top tips to doing just that:
- Make sure your Facebook page is completed with searchable information. Eg. make sure your “About” section includes and overview of what your business has to offer, a link to your website and any other information that will help potential new customers know your business better.
- Invite existing contacts to “Like” your page. Whether by email or Facebook message, try asking your current contacts to connect with your via Facebook by “Liking” your page and writing positive reviews.
- Incorporate Facebook into your online and offline communication channels. Eg. Include your Facebook URL on your receipts/invoices and place Facebook stickers on your storefront. If you have a Blog, website and Email Newsletter, integrate your Facebook site with these too. Utilise social plugins like “Like” Boxes or share buttons
- Create Value: Make sure you have a thorough understanding of who your ultimate target audience is so you can create compelling, valuable content that answers their questions and is of interest to them.
- Pay for new fans/”likes” via paid advertising: One of the ad types that Facebook offers is a page “Like” Ads that contain a CTA (call-to-action) to “like” your page and can appear in the page as a news feed post or as a display ad on the right column of the News feed.
Focus on Content and Lead-Generation Strategies
Users don’t like to feel sold to, you need to build trust with your fans by posting content that offers them valuable, interesting and compelling information. It needs to answer questions to their problems or solve a need they have. This in the form of: ebooks, whitepapers, guides and webinars. Post an excerpt of information in your posts on these content types with a link to a landing page that collects lead information or your website.
Content Ideas for Facebook
To attract customers, you can’t only post sales-driven content. Instead, generate leads in 2 ways:
- Directly: generate leads by sharing content that links directly back to a landing page with a contact form on your website. Eg. share a landing page for a downloadable offer such as an ebook.
- Indirectly: generate leads eventually after sharing friendly, easy to consume content not housed behind a form, such as photos or blog posts.
The key is to post a variety of content that aligns with all your goals and those of your target audience. And always include photos in your posts as they gain 53% more “Likes” and engagement than those without them.
Maximize sales generation through Facebook Advertising
Unfortunately gone are the days that Facebook can gain your Business a lot of traction for free. Facebook is evolving as more of a paid social media marketing platform than an organic one. A brand’s ability to reach its fan base organically has diminished as more brands and content compete to appear in user’s news feeds. At any given moment there are approximately 1500 news feed stories competing against one another. Facebook’s algorithm prioritises only about one fifth of them – around 300. So brands that want to get noticed have to pay. So, if you really want to reach your target audience on Facebook, you’ll need to supplement your organic efforts with some paid advertising.
What to Advertise – driving traffic, leads and new customers to your business.
If your trying to drive traffic, leads and online sales you’ll want to advertise posts that contain a link back to your website. Facebook allow you to create different types of ads according to what you’re trying to accomplish. For example, with Facebook Ads you can:
- Gain “likes” and audiences.
- Drive traffic to your website.
- Drive people in-store with a coupon or redeemable offer.
- Drive event attendance.
- Create awareness with image or video.
- Drive downloads of your new App.
Use Ads to test the effectiveness of content too. Facebook allows you to create unpublished posts to test your messaging. These posts appear in your news feed but not on your Facebook page. Due to the fact that they don’t appear on your page you can create as many of these kinds of targeted ads as you wish determine which ad copy resonates best with your audience.
In conclusion to attract more customers using Facebook, remember these key points:
- Focus on helping people.
- Create content that makes your target audience’s job easier or solves their problem.
- Post a balance of direct and indirect lead-generation content.
- Have an engagement goal for each post.
- Include a clear CTA (call-to-action).
- Create great visuals.
February 25, 2018
November 22, 2017