5 Traffic Generation Strategies to Boost Site Awareness
by Gemma Agnew
You’ve worked night and day to make your website absolutely perfect. You’ve researched, added content and spent precious hours getting your website looking exactly the way you want it to be experienced by visitors.
But for all of that time, effort, energy and money you’ve put into your website, you must have viewers to make this sacrifice worth it.
Let’s take a look at 5 traffic generation strategies you can use to boost your site awareness.
1. Social Media
You’re ready to start increasing traffic to your website. And you don’t want to overlook the power of traffic when you generate leads through social media. A few ways you can use social media to ramp up traffic generation is to:
- Create great content and tailor it to your audience’s needs, interests and wants
- Increase the likelihood of your content being seen and shared by choosing the time you post during the time most people are online
- Use the available analytics tools
- Use micro-influencers to reach your target audience
- Share website links whenever you write content or comments on social media
- Re-market whenever you can wherever you can
- Blog away, slipping in links to your website wherever appropriate
- Use ads effectively, but remember there are many other cheaper ways to drive traffic to your site
- Know and use the most current SEO strategies
Social media is great to get noticed because users are willing, and even excited, to share the new products, services and websites they come across. It’s often used as a conversation-starter and connection avenue, and you can use this to your advantage.
2. SEO Strategies
Educate yourself on the most up-to-date SEO strategies out there.
A few methods for maximizing SEO potential include:
- Invest in local SEO
- Ensure backlinks are relevant and stem from credible sources
- Develop content around the buyer’s journey
- Note what’s featured on Google and what’s getting attention
- Optimize with mobile apps
Just like technology, SEO rules are always changing. What works best today may not be what works best tomorrow. Stay current.
3. Google Voice Search
The popularity is expanding for virtual help, such as Siri, Google Voice and Alexa. When people search through Google Voice, they will be directed to certain businesses and their websites, and you want yours to be designed to draw them in.
You’ll want to retool your search strategy to facilitate this avenue to your website. A few ways to do this include:
- Enhance phrases and keywords to more closely match what a seeker might actually say
- Create an excellent FAQ section to include your long keywords
- Use local SEO in voice searches
StumbleUpon is an assortment of some of the best pages on the Internet. This method is reportedly among the best and most effective ways to drive traffic to your website.
To get on Stumbleupon’s radar, your content must be aesthetically pleasing, relevant and interesting. You’ll want to complete a StumbleUpon profile. Then attach a StumbleUpon badge onto your site.
5. Pay Per Click Advertising
In order to boost traffic headed for your website, you can opt for pay per click advertising. It’s cost-effective because you’re only billed for the ads when someone actually clicks on them. This saves you valuable money you could lose from “compulsive clickers.”
A few places you can use this method of traffic generation include Google AdWords or MSN AdCenter
Getting The Very Best In Traffic Generation Strategies
You know your website is high quality, informative and helpful. You just want others to realize this, too.
For this to happen, they have to find and visit your site.
For more information on how you can bump up your traffic even further, check us out at Write Marketing Corp today!
February 25, 2018
January 28, 2018